October 22, 2010

Lately, I haven't blogged much...well, ok, at all.  BUT, my business is booming, my laundry is done, I'm cooking regularly for my family and I am in such a peaceful place in recent days.  If the blog suffers and that is the result, then I am perfectly fine with it.  (o:

Now, on that note, I am going to try and catch up a bit...probably with several different posts to follow this one.

Just some bullets about what is/has been going on:

  • Cary got a promotion at work.  He is now the Director of Distributor Relations and Fulfillment.  I am SO proud of him.
  • We are still at Bigelow Baptist Church and love it there.  Last month marked 5 continuous years there, plus 10 months prior to that in an interim capacity.  It is an amazing feeling to know that you are right smack dab in the middle of God's Will for your life.
  • My dad retired back in the summer (end of June).  He (like most retired people I know) told me he was going to have to go back to work so he could get some rest.
  • My mom and dad are still remodeling their house.  Hopefully the work on the inside of the house will be complete in the next 3-4 weeks.  Then it's on the outside and back yard.
  • 3 of our children had birthdays in recent months.  That makes us the proud of parents of 4 children: ages 6, 4, 2 & 1.
  • Kennedy is doing AWESOME in kindergarten.  She has gotten 3 "good notes" home now from her teacher.  He calls her his "student teacher."  He says that she could run the show for him if he wanted to take a couple of days off.  (o:
  • Jude is thriving in preschool this year.  He went last year, but I didn't notice as much growth and maturity then.  He really has grown up a lot this fall since school started.  His speech has improved, his vocabulary is flourishing and he seems to have a little more control (i.e. he is now more able to "turn down the crazy").
  • Jude is enrolled in TOT this year.  It stands for Teams of Tomorrow and it is a basketball skills class for preschoolers.  He is SO excited when Fridays roll around because he knows he gets to wear his "team shirt" to school and stay after for basketball.  I can't wait to see their performance/exhibition to see all that he has learned.
  • Kate LOVES her preschool teacher (Mrs. Chris) and is also thriving in preschool.  I knew that she would.  She was SO ready for it.  And, Mrs. Chris loves her.  Mrs. Chris took her to lunch today at Pizza Inn after school.  They were both giddy.  And with Jude in basketball, it really helped me out to have another hour to get things done.
  • Shep loves the time that Jude and Kate are at preschool.  He and I get to spend that time one-on-one.  The first day of school for them, he giggled at me as soon as they were out of the van and the doors were shut.  HE KNEW!  It was hilarious.  He is developing quite the little personality too.  And, oh that smile, it just melts me.  I'm such a sucker when it comes to my boys.  (o:
  • Personalized By Paige is going so well. I am busy developing new products and having SO much fun with all these projects.  I often stay up late and don't get much sleep, but it's my escape for just a little bit.  I need to keep that going or I might completely lose myself in motherhood.  If that were to happen, I'm not sure how pleasant my company would be.  (o:
Ok, I'll get to work on some other, more specific posts with pictures.

1 comment:

Lamar and Rachel Keller said...

It is so great to know you are enjoying your family and life. I miss you!