February 15, 2007

First date...

This afternoon, I helped Kennedy get ready for her first date. Together we selected her outfit and decided that she would wear her hair in dog ears. She told me she needed to wear her Valentine necklace and matching bracelet. We got out her pink coat with the black buttons and her black purse filled with LifeSaver mints. Around 5:45 her date arrived at the door and they are at dinner now. I have a feeling I won't be quite this excited when she is going out with someone other than Daddy. Cary and I agreed last year after Valentine's Day that, from now on, he would take Kennedy (and any other daughters we may have) on a Valentine's date each year. We want her to "date" her Daddy for a long time before she dates any other man. She needs to learn how she should expect to be treated by a man and accept nothing less. Yes, she IS a princess in God's eyes.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Women have their fathers, as earthly manifestations of their Heavenly Father, to show them protection, to show them love, and to show them what to look for in a relationship. I can think of no better way to show Kennedy the Lord's love than to show her Cary's love. Great job, the both of you!