I haven't posted in a while, so I'll give you the run down of what's happening around here.
- Wednesday, March 14 was Cary's 33rd birthday. He had to work and no one enjoys having to go to work on their birthday. That was no fun for him, but the marketing crew at work really went all out - decorated his office and got him birthday cake and a really nice card. Today, we had a birthday party for him with close friends and family. We had ribs and grilled sausage, all the usual sides and 3 cheesecakes. It was too fun. Cary and Poppa spent all day long working on erecting the swingset that Santa brought for Kennedy and Jude. Cousin Collin showed up this afternoon to help. They got a lot done, but construction is not quite complete. As soon as it is finished, we'll take some pics and post them. It's gonna be loads of fun.
- About a month ago, both kids had staph infection and were on an antibiotic cocktail. It was not fun for any of us. But everyone is better now and we're back in the saddle. Took Kennedy back to the doctor this morning for a recheck and she is doing okay. She is 2 1/2 years old now and weighed in at 30 pounds. I haven't weighed Jude lately, but he is 5 1/2 months old and I would guess that he is around 25 pounds. He is wearing 18 and 24 month size clothes. It's craziness I tell you! He goes back to the doctor for his 6 month check-up and immunizations. I'll give you a more exact "size report" then.
- A couple of weeks ago, I registered Kennedy to start pre-school in the fall. She will go 2 days a week for 3 hours each day. She is SO excited! I told her that she couldn't go to school until she could use the potty all the time and was no longer wearing diapers. Well, that was the motivation she needed. She was potty trained in a little less than a week. The first 48 hours were frustrating for both of us, but once we made it over the hump, she had it down. She still has an accident from time to time, but she is doing so well. She hasn't had a diaper on in over a month.
- Kennedy and Jude are going to spend a few days in Hope with Janey & Poppa during Janey's spring break. Mommy is going to stay at home for a couple days of R&R. Please be in prayer for Janey & Poppa...and their sanity! He he he!
- Things are still going extremely well at the church. There are lots of things going on with Children's ministry, Marriage ministry, Youth ministry (we have a new Youth Minister), VBS planning, Mother's Day banquet and I'm sure there are other things going on that I can't think of right now because it's 11:42 at night. Bottom line is that the LORD is definitely at work at Bigelow Baptist Church. Can I get an AMEN?!?!
- I have also been able to paint several canvases lately. I will post pics of those soon as well. I'm always really excited to have the time to work on some painting. It's one of my favorite things to do and SO relaxing to me. It's almost therapeutic.
- Oh, I almost forgot! We have a new addition to the Condray family. Rascal - he is a Boston Terrier born the middle of February. He is in one of the photos below. He is going to be a small dog at around 15 pounds when he is full grown. The kids love him and they get along really well.
- Well, that's just about all that I can think of that is going on right now. Below are some recent pics that make me smile. Hope you enjoy.
Jude loves riding in the wagon. He can't sit up well enough yet to ride correctly without being strapped in and padded with a lot of blankets. So, the other night he just took a ride on his belly and had a blast.
Bath time - this was their first bath together and they really seemed to have a lot of fun.
I just can't look at this picture without giggling. It's just too cute. Also, notice how much they look a like!
It is HARD WORK eating as much (and as often) and he does (5 jars of baby food and 3-4 8 oz. bottles of formula EACH DAY).Sometimes a guy just needs to take a break between bites. Life is hard!
Rascal, Cary & Jude...the men in my life.







2 comments:
Just makes me want to get home and open a home-school! Miss you guys so much!
I especially love the pics of Jude & Rascal!!! So adorable! I can't believe how grown up Kennedy looks.
Post a Comment