Things have been hectic around here the last few days to say the least. Wednesday of last week the kids and I headed to Hope for our monthly visit with my side of the family. Thursday morning we got a phone call that Cary's Uncle Harold had passed away after a long battle with many health problems. Friday the kids and I headed back home for visitation and to practice the music for the funeral. Saturday - funeral (which Cary preached) and time with family. Sunday was a crazy day as usual and we had a birthday lunch with some good friends. They were worried that our going to their home for lunch was just adding to our already crazy week. I assured her that it was a blessing that I didn't have to worry about Sunday lunch! In the midst of all of this, it was Cary's first week at his new job, he was preparing for both singing and preaching at a funeral, he was preparing a Sunday morning message for church and I was painting canvases and doing embroidery like a banshee to meet deadlines. Not to worry - we survived - just by the hair of our chinny-chin-chins!
Our "maid" (ha, it's me) usually doesn't work on the weekends so I am used to spending most of the day Monday finding our house again somewhere under all the chunks. Due to the fact that I was never home longer than a couple of hours in a 5-day period (other than for sleep) the picking up of the chunks is going to carry over into Tuesday this week.
I said all of this to say..."God is good - all the time! He put a song of joy in this heart of mine!" (great song) People asked about the funeral and offered their condolences. I had the same response every time. "It was a good day!" I said that because it really was a good day. Yes, it was long and tiring and it was actually 110 degrees outside. However, we have not lost Uncle Harold...we know right where he his! When you lose something, then you don't know where to find it, right? Well, we know where to find him and we'll see him again someday. I'm excited for him - he is having one heck of a party right now and celebrating like he hasn't been able to do in a long time. It was truly a joyous occasion. The time with family was invaluable. We don't get to see each other nearly enough so I really appreciated the time we spent catching up.
If we have even a little JOY on earth now, just think about our future!
1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.



No comments:
Post a Comment