December 4, 2007

What's in a name?...

You probably know that passing on family names is very important to me. So, I thought I would give you a little history of our children's names.

Kennedy Jane
- Kennedy was Cary's grandmother's maiden name. Jane is the middle name of my mother (Carol Jane) , my great aunt (Betty Jane), and two of my great-great-grandmothers (both Lucy Jane).

William Jude
- William was the first name of Cary's granddad (William Thurman), the first name of one of Cary's great granddads (William George), the first name of my grandpa (William Henry) and the first name of two of my great-great grandfathers (both William Henry). Two of my great grandfathers were named Julius (Julius Edmon & Julius Basil) and one of them went by Jude. Just a note: Jesus' half brother was also named Jude.

Kate Collins
- Cary's great grandmother's name was Sarah Katherine and she was known as Sarah Kate. My great-great grandmother's name was either Catherine Elizabeth or Elizabeth Catherine (I need to talk to someone who knows more than I do.) Collins is my maiden name.

No comments: