December 18, 2007

Things I don't want to forget...

  • Last week, while we were in Hope, Unkie went in to check on Kennedy while she was supposed to be asleep. She was laying there with her eyes open. He asked what she was doing. "Oh, I'm sleeping." He said, "but your eyes are open." "Well, sometimes I just sleep with my eyes open."
  • Jude loves to take his shoes and socks off. This has been the case for quite some time. His favorite place to remove them? In the van, on the way to church. We always have to at least partially re-clothe someone when we get where we're going.
  • Kennedy & Jude love to sing while we are eating lunch everyday. They take turns sort of. Jude likes to sing for a moment then we're all supposed to applaud him on his cue. As soon as you say, "Okay, it's Kennedy's turn," then he starts up again. Kennedy and I just laugh and she rarely gets her turn.
  • Kennedy has really gotten into the singing of Christmas songs. Some of you know that I begin listening to Christmas music non-stop right after Thanksgiving, so she has definitely heard quite a bit of it. She really likes "Elise La-Lee-Lop" (Feliz Navidad). Another of her favorite lyrics is "He's making a list, and checking it twice. Gonna find out whose not been nice."
  • When Jude is playing in his room, sometimes the only way I can get him to come to the front of the house when I call is if I offer juice. Juice to him is anything that you drink.
  • It's a good day for Jude when he only gets 3-4 spankings. I feel quite certain he'll spend the next 2-3 years of his life with a red hand or a hand print on his leg. That boy is strong willed and bull-headed.
  • If you look at Jude and say "oh my goodness", he'll put one hand on each cheek and open his mouth in shock.
  • If you sing Santa Claus is Coming to Town , when you get to "You better watch out..." Jude will shake his finger at you.
  • In the Razorback Fight Song, Kennedy always says "Arkansas will never year". I told her the other day it was "yield." She very firmly corrected me. "No, Mommy...it's YEAR!"
  • You know you've said something often when you start hearing your kids repeat it, right? Last week we were in the van and Kennedy asked me another question. I responded, "what, sweetie? I didn't hear you." In a very exasperated tone she said, "You know you heard me." LOL - I just cracked up.
  • Kennedy: "One day, Mommy, I will drive you and Daddy in the van because you are getting old. You will need to rest like Grandmother and Granddad so I will drive you to Wal-Mart."
  • Kennedy took a bag of candy to the doctor this morning...just to say thank you and Merry Christmas. She came up with this one all on her on. Well, she originally wanted to take her a juice box and I talked her into candy instead.
  • Kennedy called Cary "Big Daddy" the other night. Cary and I cracked up. Then she called me "Big Momma"... not NEARLY as funny!
  • Jude is now wearing a size 2T at only 14.5 months old.
  • Kennedy LOVES to pick out Jude's clothes after a bath.
  • Last night when Cary got home from work, Kennedy followed him into the bedroom and crawled into the bed and covered up. He was changing clothes and she asked, "Daddy, will you turn on the TV so I can watch some Paula Deen?" There was no Paula on or recorded. She was sad and said, "well, I guess I could watch Rachel Ray."
  • The biggest compliment: "Mommy, when I get big like you, I want to be a Mommy too. You're a good Mommy." She said it so sweetly too.
  • Not such a big compliment (same day): It was bedtime and she wasn't quite ready to go to bed. Nonetheless, I escorted her to her room and put her in bed. She cried and cried and cried and yelled, "You're a bad, bad, bad, bad Mommy!" I said, "well, I love you...night, night."
  • If Kennedy's nose is running, she just yells "nose is runny!" And we're supposed to come running with a tissue. It's too funny.
  • Jude blows his nose. People are amazed. It's too funny. He will use anything that remotely looks like a tissue to blow his nose....a dryer sheet, a piece of notebook paper, etc. He also likes to blow his nose on his fist and then wipe it on his shirt. LOVELY!

No comments: