December 11, 2007

Just catching up...

This morning Jude woke up with a cough...same cough he has had for a week, but worse, and when combined with wheezing and the fact that he was horribly hoarse, it was enough to make this Mom call the doctor. After over 2 hours at the pediatrician's office, we were sent to the pharmacy for antibiotics and an inhaler. The poor little guy has RSV and ANOTHER nasty ear infection. I'll call Children's tomorrow about the ear. He LOATHES the inhaler. We have to hold him down for each treatment - 3 to 4 times a day - and he throws such a big fit that he ends up with little blood blister bruises just under the skin around his eyes and on his temples and forehead. His fever has been 99 plus today and he has just generally felt cruddy. One thing about Jude though - even when he feels cruddy, he still manages to smile an awful lot and continues to play hard and laugh quite easily. What a precious little man! He's a Momma's boy if ever there was one!

I'm 20 weeks along today with my pregnancy - HALF WAY THERE! Feeling okay, just mentally and physically drained from keeping up with Kennedy and Jude and worrying about their health. I'm sure the general stresses of Christmas aren't helping. Yes, I'm taking care of myself - but as is the case with most mothers - I'm at the bottom of my list of people & things to take care of. I go back to the Dr on 12/31 (23 weeks) and will post an update on Kate then.

No comments: