This afternoon while I was working on something with Jude, Kennedy was sitting quietly at the kitchen bar with her basket of markers, crayons, etc. She came running around the corner and handed me this piece of paper and proudly announced that she had written her name. I have to confess, before I even looked at it, I assumed it was going to be like the 4 million other pieces of paper she has handed me in the past...just a bunch of scribbles. But, that was not the case. The only two letters I have ever seen her write correctly were the K and the E and we have worked on the others off and on over the past several weeks. She did this completely unassisted and I was thoroughly impressed. She's not even quite 3 1/2 yet! And yes, I know it needs some work. And she explained that the first line said, "God loves you and me very much."
I asked her if I could take a picture of it (scan it) on the computer. She said, "just a minute Mommy, I need to email it to Ms. Stephanie (her teacher) on my computer. Then you can see it. But I need it back."
I asked her if I could take a picture of it (scan it) on the computer. She said, "just a minute Mommy, I need to email it to Ms. Stephanie (her teacher) on my computer. Then you can see it. But I need it back."
She was so proud of herself. She is taking the paper to school with her tomorrow to show it off.




1 comment:
That is AWESOME!
Post a Comment