April 5, 2008

Getting ready for Kate...

Poppa & Janey (my mom & dad) were here today and worked diligently helping to ready the house for Kate. I always do this before I have a child. I come up with a million things that need to be done to the house and they very lovingly humor me and help to get them done. In the past month Poppa has rebuilt or reworked 4 closets in our house, converting one to a sewing closet and adding shelves to the other three. I told Mom he should close the electronics business and open "Collins Custom Closets". She didn't think it was a good idea and mentioned something about mental health problems. I don't know if that is for her or him...or both!

I embroidered on quilt squares for Kate today. Janey is working hard to get Kate's quilt made before her arrival. BUT Kate's bed is still not put together! We'll get it done though...before she needs it I'm sure.

I plan to get her canvas for the hospital door complete before I go in Thursday for the version. It's going to be a crazy week since we have revival Sunday through Wednesday in addition to the usual craziness.

I'll keep posting about the progress and post some pics of all her stuff (AND HER) as soon as possible!

No comments: