- When we got new doors (a couple of weeks ago), the kids and I were out of town. Yes, we planned it that way. On the way home the day after the doors were installed, Kennedy kept saying "New doors, Mommy! It's so excited!"
- Yesterday, Jude was playing outside with Nancy while Kennedy was at school and I was at the doctor. He found some dog poop, picked it up, rubbed it together between his hands, rubbed it on his shirt and said "shoo wee." Boys will be boys!
- Kennedy's favorite color is pink for EVERYTHING! She would have any and everything pink that we would allow. Right now she is still a little disappointed that we won't paint her new door pink.
- Jude's vocabulary is rapidly expanding and he is speaking in phrases most of the time now. "I want that." "I want juice." "I want Joe." "I want Daddy." Do you see a pattern here?
- I pointed at my belly a few weeks ago and said "baby." Now Jude points at his belly and says "baby."
- Kennedy was telling us that she was going to teach Kate how to act like a princess, which includes saying "thank you", "please", "you're welcome", "I'm sorry", etc. She added extra emphasis by letting us know that Kate could say "I'm sorry" to HER. Don't you just love older siblings!
- Kennedy: "Daddy, why can't you ride on a kite?"
- Before we got doors, there was a gate across the doorway into the laundry room to keep the dog in there. Jude loved to stand in the middle of the kitchen and yell "no, no, no" to him for no reason at all. I guess it was just an attention getter.
- More of Jude's vocabulary: juice, cup, ball, peas (please), I-oh-no (I don't know), Kicky (Kennedy), Ma, Mom, Mommy (all are for Mommy, I guess it just depends on his mood), Daddy, Rascal, Poppa, Mammy (Grandmother or Jammies, both sound the same in his world), Dad-Dad (Granddad), MawMaw, Paw, juice, Joe (VeggieTales' The Ballad of Little Joe), no (he has a FIRM grasp on this one), cheese, shoe, sock, uh-huh (we're working on yes ma'am and yes sir), pay (play), Go Gog Go (Go, Hogs, Go), nose, eye, whoa, Jude (he covers his eyes and if no one calls him, then he calls himself), hey, ow (ouch), toe, bye, uh-oh.
- Jude is still a thumb sucker (always his left thumb) and you can tell when he is really tired because he rubs his hands together while he is sucking his thumb and rubs his nose ever so lightly with the tips of his left fingers.
- Kennedy's teacher informed me that she is the best dancer in their music class. It's wild to say the least. After other teachers see her dance, Mrs. Stephanie giggles when telling them that Kennedy is a pastor's kid. As soon as Kennedy begins dancing, she almost always tells Mrs. Stephanie "You gotta break it down!"
- Kennedy is very interested in Locks of Love after meeting a little girl named Sara who had cancer and was bald from the chemo. She would like to grow her hair out and give it to someone who needs it. A while back she asked me if Cousin Collin or Bro. Wayne at church could have it (they are both bald).
- Sometimes in the mornings, Kennedy will tell me, with eyes wide open, that she is still sleeping.
- Kennedy sings into a cell phone charger someone left at the church. She says it's her microphone.
- Kennedy finds no fear or shame in pointing out who, in her opinion, is old and who is not.
- Lately, when I tell Kennedy we are going to church, she will respond with "To praise God?"
- Kennedy singing: "Just a little talk with Jesus makes it bright."
- Jude loves to get one of Kennedy's purses or the toy shopping cart and come wave at me and tell me "bye."
Disney with the Dance team!
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment