May 20, 2008

Kate update...

At Kate's recent weight check, 4 weeks old, she weighed in at 10 lbs. 2 oz...only 1 oz more than Jude at birth! I know she is probably a big baby, statistically speaking, but she is still so tiny to us. We know she is growing and we can see her face and body changing shape and filling out, but her features seem so dainty and feminine. She really is a pretty baby...if I do say so myself.

She is sleeping well most nights...3 to 4-hour stretches. She is nursing well (obvious from the weight gain). Her hair has grown quite a bit and seems to get lighter every time we wash it. She is the noisiest newborn I've ever seen. She grunts, sighs, moans, groans and "talks" constantly...even when she is sleeping.

She has a tiny red birth mark on her right knee and a larger one (about dime size, and growing) on the center of her back. It looks like a port wine stain to me and is ever-so-slightly raised. If it continues to grow, then we'll visit with the doctor about it and see what she has to say. She has a cow-lick in her hair line on her forehead. I'll have to learn what to do with that when we begin styling hair.

Most people say she looks like Jude and/or Kennedy. Some say she looks like Cary, one or two say she looks like me. I say she looks like Kate...gorgeous! And, like the other two, there is no denying she is a Condray.

1 comment:

Erica said...

She is beautiful! As sweet as the other Condray kids!