This evening I went to preschool orientation for the '08-'09 school year. Kennedy starts on Wednesday of next week. I met her teacher, Mrs. Carissa, saw her classroom and visited with some of the other parents there. She has 3 friends in her class that were in class with her last year, including Logan, her best friend. Mrs. Carissa seems to have a sweet & gentle spirit and is very humble, meek & mild...all qualities I hope Kennedy picks up. I believe this teacher is going to be quite a positive influence on our little girl.
I have already begun praying for Mrs. Carissa and will continue to do so throughout the school year. I am so very proud of Kennedy. She is very intelligent and a lover of words. Her memory is impeccable. It was just the other night that she commented about eating a pizza once at a Razorback game in Fayetteville...that was a year ago and she had just turned 3. I digress!
The name of her class at school is the Busy Bees. (Quite fitting for my little busy bee!) The classroom is nearly twice the size of last years', but there are several more children in her class this year too. I'm excited about what she will learn at school and what I can do to help her at home. She is now recognizing all but 2 or 3 of her letters and can write her name and a couple of other words. She can read a few words when we are out driving around. All this, and she is just one month shy of her 4th birthday.
I'll post pics next week after the big first day!
Side note: this morning she was cooking in her kitchen and made me some "orange juice corn tea." It was yummy!



1 comment:
I can't believe she is going to be FOUR!!
Post a Comment