What's on my mind today is COOKING. I love to cook. Most people know that about me. I love to create things in the kitchen, whether it's my recipe or someone else's, and watch my family and friends enjoy eating my creations. I may share a food commentary or recipe from time to time. I figure someone might need some ideas and maybe I can help out. I know I get lots of good ideas from other people's blogs so why not?!?!
Today's lunch for the kids...well, I wasn't too creative. We had grilled cheese, Cheetos, pickles and a pudding cup. It was a combination of their requests.
Dinner last night was "Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie." The recipe is printed on the box of Bisquick. I've made it in the past and if you follow the directions exactly as they say, then well, it's a little bland for us. I always add a little more spice to it, then we ate it last night topped with sour cream and taco sauce and had a side salad. GrandDad brought us some peaches the other day, so I diced one of those up and sprinkled a little sugar on it. After dinner we had our take on banana splits - mini bananas, vanilla ice cream and peaches. It was a hit.
Dinner tonight - LASAGNA! It's such a super easy thing to make and I had all of the ingredients except mozzarella cheese. Cary is going to stop after work and pick that up. I will have everything ready to throw together and put in the oven so we can eat around 6:30. If you are looking for a GREAT lasagna recipe, I suggest Virginia's Easy Lasagna. The recipe is printed on the box of Skinner Lasagna noodles. It makes a fantastic lasagna and you DON'T HAVE TO BOIL THE NOODLES. If you can't find the recipe, call or email me and I'll give it to you. You can use any brand of lasagna noodles.
I also found a recipe for Blueberry Pound Cake and threw that together since I had everything on hand. A cake mix, blueberries, oil, eggs, cream cheese. Too easy and it's already baked and cooling. Well, I didn't have quite enough blueberries, but I used what I had and no one will know the difference.
Okay, back to the kitchen to stir my sauce for the lasagna. If I might quote Kennedy's favorite food icon...
LOVE & BEST DISHES,
FROM OUR KITCHEN TO YOURS!



1 comment:
Paige-
I'm a fellow "foodie"! I LOVE to cook!! We love the cheeseburger pie recipe- Michael actually requested it this week, so it's funny that you mentioned it!! =)
I'm looking for some new dinner ideas- i'm in a rut!! Email me if you have any new ideas!
Post a Comment