October 6, 2008

In the kitchen...

Okay, I'm more than a little behind on an "in the kitchen" post. I promise I have been cooking, I just haven't had a whole lot of time to blog about it. One night last week I made baked potato soup. One night we had hamburger steaks with sauteed onions. For yesterday's lunch with all the family, I did roast, carrots, twice baked potatoes, purple hull peas and garlic bread. We had ice cream for dessert. I will throw something quick and easy together for tonight's dinner and tomorrow night will be buffet night.

I just put some Amish bread in the oven. If anyone is interested in making some, I can get you some of the starter. I got the starter from my mom's neighbor while I was in Hope for the funeral last week. She brought some of the bread over, I had a piece of it, and promptly walked next door to get the recipe. I had no idea it had a starter. So today is the first day I have made bread and I'm so excited!!!

2 comments:

Lamar and Rachel Keller said...

Ooohhh....bread making is the best! Talk about rewarding. Hope it turns out great.

The Ekenseairs said...

Okay,
I LOVE your "in the kitchen" posts!! Keep 'em coming!!!

Your fellow Paula/Rachel wannabee,

jamie