So, the creativity in the kitchen has been lacking since Christmas. I think i just cooked too much between Thanksgiving and Christmas and got worn out. One night this week we had Chicken Enchilada's courtesy of Stouffer's...good stuff in a tight.
Kennedy absolutely loves collard greens. I have never cooked them though (until last week). My grandmother always cooked them for her and even cooked extra and froze them for me to bring home. Well, since she passed away, Kennedy has told me numerous times that "MaMa is cooking collards in heaven for everyone." I saw some washed, pre-cut and ready-to-cook the other day and picked them up for the little country girl, then came home and called Janey for coaching. Apparently I did okay. She ate about half of the 2 lb bag by herself and was grinning for 2 days straight. She was SO excited. She told me I did a good job, but they didn't taste quite like MaMa's. I could only hope I would prepare something even in the same league as my grandmother...maybe one day.


This pic has nothing to do with cooking, but was definitely "in the kitchen." It was everywhere in the kitchen. One morning last week, the drain hose on the washer somehow came out of the drain hole and drained soapy water directly onto the floor from a full load of towels. There was water standing about a quarter of an inch deep from the garage door (and a little into the garage) throughout the kitchen and moving swiftly toward the kitchen table and living room. We caught it just in time with every dry towel we owned. The upside: man, was my kitchen floor clean! See, everything has a silver lining. (o:

So, in the last week or so, I did cook a pork roast, herbed crescent rolls, corn, mashed potatoes, butter beans, meat loaf, and BBQ (from leftover roast). I haven't been totally lazy, although none of those things require a lot of thought or work. So, I have felt pretty sorry...in the kitchen.




2 comments:
Well, just reading that now I'm starving! Thanks allot PAIGE!! LOL! Tried the french Fry cutter yet??
PS...that stinks about the floor but your right now you don't have to mop for atleast a couple of days now!!
Post a Comment