February 2, 2009

1 down - 2 to go...

That's one trimester. I have been exhausted to the point that I have had lots of trouble keeping up with the housework and the laundry. With pregnancy, I rarely vomit, but the nausea comes in waves and hits at the most inopportune times. So, with these two symptoms combined with a nice cold with congestion and coughing (not good when you're already nauseous), the house has been in shambles and we have just been living out of laundry baskets. The meals haven't been extremely creative either. However, this week it seems that I am beginning to get a little energy and feel like a normal person again. PRAISE JESUS! Hopefully throughout the next week or so, life will resume some sense of normalcy and I can pick up the chunks around the house and begin to be a wife and mother again.

Today, Kennedy went to her best friend, Logan's, house after school and didn't come home until 4:00 this afternoon. It was a nice break for me not having to get back out to pick her up. Both Jude and Kate took long naps, so I really got a lot accomplished today (5 loads of laundry - washed, dried, folded and put away and a myriad of toys and clutter put away) although you really can't tell it unless you saw the house BEFORE I started working on it. Thank you so much to Logan's mom for picking Kennedy up at school, bringing her home several hours later and giving me the much needed time to clean house and get a little rest too.

My next OB visit is Wednesday. I'll post after that visit.

2 comments:

Lamar and Rachel Keller said...

Prayed for you this morning! Love you!

Heather said...

YAY!! Hopefully you have definitely turned the corner!!! Don't you just LOVE a productive day???