Those were Kennedy's first words on Sunday morning. She was speaking of the Easter Bunny. We had dyed eggs the night before after the cook out and spent a little time talking about the Easter Bunny. After we finished the egg dying, and I was tucking her in bed, she said very seriously, "Mommy, you know that Easter is not all about the Easter Bunny and eggs, right?"
My heart smiled.
She further explained to me that Easter was about Jesus and how He died on the cross for us and then arose on the 3rd day. She was very detailed in her explanation. Just in case I didn't understand she made a comparison for me. "It's kinda like Christmas, Mommy. Christmas isn't all about Santa and presents either - it's about when Jesus was born."
I'm SO proud of my little girl. I know that she is well on her way to a relationship with Christ and I pray she comes to know Him early.
I'm SO proud of my little girl. I know that she is well on her way to a relationship with Christ and I pray she comes to know Him early.
I keep thinking about her first words of the morning. All I can think of is YES...YES, YES, YES. HE DID COME!!! And I am so grateful.



1 comment:
Kennedy is so precious and I just love this!!! I'm not going to lie....I could seriously get used to the idea of her and Connor getting married someday!!!!! I will try my best to not be a crazy mother-in-law!!! :) Just Kidding...sort-of!
Post a Comment