April 14, 2009

Teddy Bear Clinic...

Last week, Nicole, Jessica & I took the kids to the Teddy Bear Clinic in Vilonia. The kids brought their favorite stuffed animal. They came up with their own illnesses that a local Doctor and nursing students had to fix. It was so much fun and the nursing students really played their rolls well for the kids.

Kennedy: "Mally" had a hurt leg (I think she made this name up on the spot) Jude: "Cat in the Hat" fell down and hurt his head
Kate: "Baby" had a cough (Kennedy named this doll for her)

They signed in at the admissions desk. The kids got name tags and the "patients" got hospital bands. Kennedy signed in for Kate "since she can't talk."
Each patient was x-rayed and treated. Then the kids were given a quick lesson on proper street crossing. After lunch at a nearby dine-in Sonic, we went home. The "patients" rested comfortably in the recliner the remainder of the afternoon. Notice, Mally's cast, Cat in the Hat's gauze head wrap and Baby's band-aid (she had to get a shot). They are all doing much better now, but Mally's cast has to stay on for 30 days so I'm told.

3 comments:

Lamar and Rachel Keller said...

Maybe she'll stop "wazing" me now every time I visit! :) She can "waze" her baby.

Erica said...

Love the pics of the kids in the hospital hats...TOO CUTE!

Collin said...

That's got to be one of the most adorable things I've ever seen!