May 8, 2009

Jessica's Post...

I was going to blog about the same event, but Jessica had already summed it up just perfectly. So, I thought it was better to just re-post her post...

ARE YOU AWARE?

Today some friends and I took our kids to eat lunch at McDonald's after story~time at the library. We had all 9 of the kids lined up and sitting in their chairs waiting to eat. One of my friends, Nic told the kids to get ready we were going to pray. She prayed for our meal and we ate. We were calmly trying to juggle 2, 3 & 4 kids a piece when an older lady come over to our table. She thanked us for taking the kids out and then said how much she appreciated seeing moms pray with their children. She was so gracious to share a story with us about her grandson praying in another McDonald's. It was capturing for me to see the glow of satisfaction on her face while she relayed the story to us. I was immediately taken by the fact that we stood out. Not us individually. None of us 4 moms were doing anything noteworthy. Just trying to desperately trim and keep watering our little olive plants. In a moment that we didn't see as special or important ~ we touched a life. In a plain boring (no playground) McDonald's people were watching. I had no idea we were being observed. I knew we were a traveling circus, but beyond that I didn't know people were really paying attention. They were. They are. In crowded public places people are watching. People are searching. What do they see in you? What do they see in you in public with your children? Are you aware that you are being observed....by a lost and dying world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you guys. :)