Went to the dr Monday and Mr. Shep is still head-down. WOO HOO! Thank you for your prayers. I feel like he is there to stay. (She didn't TELL me he was head-down, but I know where she found his heart beat!) His heart rate was good. My BP was good. No weight gain for me. No gestational diabetes, but I am anemic. This does not come as a shock since I am almost always anemic (pregnant or not) and I have always been anemic at this point in my pregnancy. Go back in 2 weeks (June 22). We'll do another ultrasound at 34 weeks and I'm excited that Cary is going to try to make this one. Bless his heart, his work has been so crazy since the first of the year and he hasn't been able to see any of the other ultrasounds live...just pics that I brought home. I know he wants to see the little guy wave at him just once in-utero.
I don't feel like Dr L will let me go to 40 weeks with this one since it's a boy. Jude was so big at 41 weeks (10lbs. 1 oz.) that he couldn't make it out without some help (vacuum) and was in distress from being in the birth canal too long. When she did rescue him out of there, his little hands and feet were blue and he ended up in the nursery on oxygen for the first 3 hours of his life. It was just too small a space for such a big boy. Anyway, those Condray boys are big and I feel like she'll induce right after the 38-week mark. With that being said, we are looking at only 8 weeks until the little guy arrives. I keep thinking there is so much I want to get done, but in reality there is nothing that HAS to be done other than getting Jude's baby clothes out, washed and put up. Sure there is a laundry list a mile long of other things I would like accomplished before he arrives, but I guess there is nothing that can't wait. I'm ready to meet #4 and I know everyone else is too. Kennedy and Jude (when he remembers) already include him in their prayers. It's the sweetest thing. Someone asked Kennedy several weeks ago how many brothers/sisters she had and she said "1 sister and 2 brothers." He's already so much a part of our lives and we don't even KNOW him yet.
Emotional - that's what I have been the last several days when I think about how blessed I am. Since I was a little girl, I wanted 4 kids...2 boys, 2 girls. I find myself continually asking the question - "What did I do to deserve this?" I know the answer is a big fat NOTHING. I'm in awe of God and His desire to give us our desires. He truly does know the desires of my heart and I am living the life I have always dreamed. My husband is one found only in fairy tales and my home life is the same. I can't begin to express my gratitude to God, to my precious family (both immediate and extended) and to my friends for the abundance of love.
I don't feel like Dr L will let me go to 40 weeks with this one since it's a boy. Jude was so big at 41 weeks (10lbs. 1 oz.) that he couldn't make it out without some help (vacuum) and was in distress from being in the birth canal too long. When she did rescue him out of there, his little hands and feet were blue and he ended up in the nursery on oxygen for the first 3 hours of his life. It was just too small a space for such a big boy. Anyway, those Condray boys are big and I feel like she'll induce right after the 38-week mark. With that being said, we are looking at only 8 weeks until the little guy arrives. I keep thinking there is so much I want to get done, but in reality there is nothing that HAS to be done other than getting Jude's baby clothes out, washed and put up. Sure there is a laundry list a mile long of other things I would like accomplished before he arrives, but I guess there is nothing that can't wait. I'm ready to meet #4 and I know everyone else is too. Kennedy and Jude (when he remembers) already include him in their prayers. It's the sweetest thing. Someone asked Kennedy several weeks ago how many brothers/sisters she had and she said "1 sister and 2 brothers." He's already so much a part of our lives and we don't even KNOW him yet.
Emotional - that's what I have been the last several days when I think about how blessed I am. Since I was a little girl, I wanted 4 kids...2 boys, 2 girls. I find myself continually asking the question - "What did I do to deserve this?" I know the answer is a big fat NOTHING. I'm in awe of God and His desire to give us our desires. He truly does know the desires of my heart and I am living the life I have always dreamed. My husband is one found only in fairy tales and my home life is the same. I can't begin to express my gratitude to God, to my precious family (both immediate and extended) and to my friends for the abundance of love.
Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.




5 comments:
Well, I know one person that's very excited...make that two...ME AND HEIDI!!
I can't wait to meet Shep either!!! Paige- reading this made my heart just ache because I feel exactly the same way....so blessed beyond measure and knowing I did NOTHING to deserve it...in fact, I did much to NOT deserve it! God is so gracious to us...I just can't put into words how thankful I am.
Thanks for this precious post that blessed my heart tonight! I miss you....hopefully we can get together before you have Mr. Shep!!! :)
Godly people raising godly children...makes my heart happy! Love you. And I CANNOT WAIT to see your sweet face.
Godly people raising godly children...makes my heart happy! Love you. And I CANNOT WAIT to see your sweet face.
How exciting!! It won't be much longer....
Post a Comment