Yesterday morning, Kennedy and Jude were playing outside while Kate was napping. Typically, I don't go outside and play with them much (not when I'm pregnant and 90 degrees feels like 300). I take advantage of the opportunity to do a few things in the house...usually sit on the couch and fold laundry so I can see them well. We have plenty of windows and a glass storm door so I can watch them, and they know to stay in the front yard where I can see them. They were in the front and I stepped to the kitchen (on the back of the house) for a total of about 4 seconds, during which time I hear blood curdling screams from Kennedy. I run outside (quite a sight for 35 weeks pregnant). She is standing in the middle of the driveway, releasing this horrendous noise. It really was terrifying. She told me, "I just got stinged by a bee in the ditch by the mailbox." So...we came in the house, she pointed out the place on her foot where the monster attacked her, I got an ice pack and set her up on the couch watching cartoons as a distraction. When I looked at it, it was red and a TINY bit swollen. You couldn't even really see the place where she got stung. She was propped up on the couch like a princess for about 15 minutes and, drum roll please...she survived. I know it doesn't sound like it, but I really did feel sorry for her. She was much more scared than hurt. I typically am not an extremely compassionate person when it comes to stuff like this, but I think I did pretty well yesterday. She seemed to think so anyway and that was all that mattered to me. Cary came home at lunch to check it out and she could hardly remember which foot it was. Yet earlier she limped to the kitchen to ask me for help using the potty "since I got stinged by a bee." DRAMA! She really did milk it as long as she thought she could. For the record, Jude was very confused as to why HE had to come in the house since HE wasn't hurt. He didn't say that, but the look on his face was priceless. (o: Side note: it's covered by the towel so you can't see it, but the "ice pack" was actually a bag of frozen blueberries. He he he. Kennedy found that amusing as well.
Disney with the Dance team!
1 year ago



2 comments:
I'm sorry but those suckers HURT! Glad she is better! Did you notice the baby count down?!? 35 days! Not long!
I'm glad she is ok! You never know about bee stings and allergic reactions!
Such DRAMA for sure! She's so funny!
Post a Comment