August 18, 2009

Out of touch...

I haven't been in touch with the wonderful world of blogging in recent days. In fact, my computer time has been minimal. Although, adjusting from 2 to 3 or from 3 to 4 children is MUCH easier than adjusting from 1 to 2 (in my opinion), there is still a learning curve. We did come home from the hospital on the 11th, but I just haven't had much time to post since then. We have made one trip to the doctor's office for a weight check - everything was great. Shep weighed in at 8 lbs. 5 oz and we go back this Friday to weigh in again...you know, to make sure we're not starving him and such.

Kate has an appointment at ACH next Wednesday for an ultrasound on her kidneys...just to make sure everything is functioning properly following the UTI. We have decided to wait, for now, on the dye test.

Also next week, Cary and I attend parents orientation at Kennedy and Jude's school and they will meet their teachers the following day. Kennedy and Jude start school on September 2. It's craziness, to say the least, around here, but we are having a blast and loving our chaos.

In the Kitchen posts: maybe one day I will be there (in the kitchen) again. Lately, we have had enough kind folks either preparing food for us or buying us food that I haven't spent ANY time cooking. But, like I said, the learning curve still has me a little off schedule. When I get it figured out, maybe then I can be a better wife and mother. I did manage to make some zucchini bread one day last week and that has been the gist of it.

Grandmother and Granddad came this afternoon to visit and took the girls home with them for one night at least (maybe 2). That leaves me here with all the boys...one who is bouncing off the walls all the time, one who sleeps all day and is up all night, and one who WANTS to sleep at night but can't because the other one is keeping him up. (o:

All in all, things are great. Today was made complete in that before dinner I had been peed on, pooped on and puked on. The 3 Ps...that always makes for a good day. I'll try to write a little more focused post as time allows.

No comments: