October 15, 2009

Q&A...

What is your very favorite food that you cook yourself?
Wow, this is a hard one for me.  I don't know that I have a favorite food.  I love cooking and love eating and there are very few foods that I don't like.  I guess it just depends on what day it is.  On days that I don't have much time or energy, then my favorite food is anything I can put in the oven, on the stove, or in the crockpot and forget about.  On other days, my favorite food is whatever I have all of the ingredients for.  Some of my favorite things to cook are family recipes that I got from my grandmother, aunt or mother...just because while cooking (and eating) it brings back such fond memories for me.  I also love cooking things that allow me to get my children involved.  So...sorry Lindsay, that I don't have a better answer for you on this one.  Maybe I could just tell you the things I don't like since that list is MUCH shorter.  I don't care for very many things that are banana "flavored".  It usually tastes very artificial to me and "chemically."  When Cary and I first married, I tried to make banana bread for him (he loves it) and gagged while stirring the bread batter.  The smell just killed me!  I'm better about it now.  I am not a fan of boxed mac & cheese...or anything with powdered cheese.  That is just wrong!  And a real cheese sauce is so easy to make, I just can't find a reason why I should have to eat powdered cheese.  And here's the kicker...you will all need to prepare yourselves for this one...I am not a huge chocolate fan.  I could probably live the rest of my life and never eat chocolate again.  I'm sure I would be fine.  It's not that I don't like it, it's just that if there is anything else around, I would most likely pick the "anything else."  Oh, and I could probably go a LONG time without eating meat.  I like it okay, but all the other stuff is just so good to me that the meat loses rank on my plate.  Okay, that's about all that I can think of that I don't really care for, but it's not that I can't, or won't, eat those things.  I am SO thankful that my mother and daddy made us eat all foods (whether we liked them or not) when we were kids.  It gave me the ability to go anywhere, into anyone's home, any restaurant, any outing at all, and find something I can eat without turning up my nose (which, by the way, I think is rude).  (o:

2 comments:

Nic said...

I think we can no longer be friends.....Chocolate? REally? Ok, as long as you make Chocolate stuff for me we can continue or friendship....LOL

Lindsay said...

I'm not a chocolate fan either. Or peanut butter. Or ice cream. Cucumbers. Tomatoes. Meatloaf. Anything barbecue. I'll stop now because your chin might start to drop. I was one of those kids you would have HATED to cook for. I didn't like anything! I just couldn't stomach anything back then. Tomatoes still. And olives. I gag. Sorry... :)