November 4, 2009

Q&A...

What is the most rewarding thing about being a mom?
     This is a very hard question to answer.  There are so many rewards, it is hard to narrow down to just one.  The pudgy little hand bringing you "flowers" that look so much like weeds.  The hug and kiss, for no apparent reason, from a kid with snot running down his lip.  I could list 100s of things like that.  But I can truly narrow it down to 2 things I think.
1) God entrusted me with these 4 precious little beating hearts.  Now, THAT is a reward.  I'm not sure what I did to deserve such a reward, but I got it nonetheless.  HE trusts ME to teach them, lead them, minister to them, love them, wipe their tears, hold their hands and a laundry list of other things.  What a reward!  What an honor!
2) I believe I won't see the other reward until they are adults.  The reward that I/we have done what God expected of us.  I pray they come to know Christ early in life and are "good and faithful servants" to HIM.  Although I am enjoying these moments in our lives, I look forward to knowing them as adults and the wonderful people they become.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Yes, to many rewards to name!!