These are the lyrics to a song by Caedmon's Call on their new album titled Overdressed. Thank you, David, for letting me know about it. Now I know why you thought of me when you heard it. My favorite line is "teach me to run to you like they run to me for every little thing." Oh, LORD, that I would be more like a child in my relationship with YOU.
this house is a good mess
it’s the proof of life
no way would I trade jobs
but it don’t pay overtime
I’ll get to the laundry
I don’t know when
I’m saying a prayer tonight
cause tomorrow it starts again
could it be that everything is sacred?
and all this time
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes
the children are sleeping
but they’re running through my mind
the sun makes them happy
and the music makes them unwind
my cup runneth over
and I worry about the stain
teach me to run to You
like they run to me for every little thing
when I forget to drink from you
I can feel the banks harden
Lord, make me like a stream
to feed the garden
wake up, little sleeper
the Lord, God Almighty
made your Mama keeper
so rise and shine,rise and shine
rise and shine cause
everything is sacred
and all this time
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes
"My cup runneth over and I worry about the stain." Wow. Isn't that the truth of it? We are SO very blessed yet we constantly focus on the negative. I know sometimes I can't enjoy the fun time because I am so worried about the million things that are on my to-do list. Please, LORD, teach me. Teach me to be more like YOU! Help me to show others the grace and mercy you show me. Help me, LORD, to allow myself a little more grace and mercy. LORD, everything I have dreamed of is truly right before my eyes. What have I done? What have I ever done to deserve the unbelievable love you so freely give to me? THANK YOU doesn't seem like enough. I love you, LORD.



2 comments:
And all God's children say, "Amen." Thanks for such a great post. It especially hits home for me as I think of all those people around me who are struggling and suffering,and I lead such a blessed and charmed life.
I love that song. Glad you liked it too!
Post a Comment