December 8, 2009

Things I don't want to forget...

Kate is 19 months old and wearing Kennedy's clothes from when she was 2 1/2.

Jude is very protective of his siblings, more Kate and Shep than Kennedy, but he doesn't want anyone messing with any of them. I think he will always be the overseer of the bunch.

Once Kennedy was writing something and she wanted to write my name. She said "Ma'am, what's your name?" I told her "Paige". She said "Well, can I just write M-O-M-M-Y?

Jude has moved from saying "Keony" to "Ken-a-nee"...sometimes anyway. I'm sure one day he'll get it right. It's just so hard for him right now. Kate calls her Ninny. We wonder what creative name Shep will come up with.

Kate's names for the family: MAH-MEE (she always yells it), Daddy, Ninny, Jew, Bobby or Pah, Naney, Boppa or Poppa, Dad-dad & I haven't heard her say Grandmother. When you ask her if she can say Grandmother, she says "Noooooooo."

One Wednesday at noon, Jude and I were in the van (just the two of us). The tornado test sirens sounded and he asked what that noise was. I told him the tornado siren. He giggled and said, "No mommy, it's not a tomato siren. That would be silly."

Last night, Cary scraped the melted plastic from the blowers on the fireplace.  That's what happens when your son pushes a matchbox car into the blower and leaves it there.  We lit our first fire the other night, the house filled with noxious smoke, the smoke alarms went off and we discovered the remains of the aforementioned car in the blower on the right side.  The blower on the left side had some other unrecognizable toy.  It might have been Mr. Potato Head's arm.  SO SAD!

Last night, Jude yelled into the blower on the fireplace "Santa!!!! Are you up there???" (o:

Shep is 4 months old. He sleeps through the night...usually 10-13+ hours. Wow, I am blessed!

Shep is wearing 3-6 month clothes, sucks his thumb to calm himself, is eating 6-8 ounces at a time and HATES a bath.

No comments: