During a recent trip to see Poppa, Janey and all the SW Ark family, one of the things we did was spend some time at the playground of my former elementary school. Janey teaches there now and the kids love the playground. It was Memorial Day and quite a scorcher, but Kennedy, Jude, Kate, Poppa & I managed to have some fun in spite of the heat.
The kids fully enjoyed just about every piece of playground equipment.
Then Poppa (almost 67 years young) demonstrated how to slide down the monkey bars like the pole at the fire station. He is a former volunteer fireman and still thinks he is 25 most days. The kids watched in awe!
Jude thought he would try and do it too. It was just mind boggling to him that Poppa could do that. He wanted to do it SO BADLY. Soon enough, son, soon enough.
The deciding factor on when to head back to the house...Kate had a little accident on the bridge. She just looked up at me and said "AW MAN!"
A few of us managed to squeeze in some naps while we were there too.



3 comments:
Sweet pictures!
Good for Poppa! So glad you were able to get away and spend some time with your folks. Miss you!
FUNNY! When Kennedy, Jude and I went to Toad Suck Park...we went down the pole. I showed them how and then I held them so they could go down the pole!
Post a Comment