Friday of last week, Kennedy came home with weekend homework as is usually the case. The weekend project was a "family" project that we could all work on. Kennedy, Janey & I were the ones that got knee deep in this one and had so much fun. We were to dress a card stock "Tom Turkey" in a disguise so he could hopefully avoid being eaten for Thanksgiving. Since it was Kennedy's homework, we let her make all the decisions and Mom and I just made it happen. She wanted Tom to be dressed as a chef and serving turkey. I LOVE the way her brain works. I laughed myself silly when she presented her idea. The laughter was partly because of the irony of her suggestion and partly because she is WAY too smart to belong to me and I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with her when she gets older. Her at age 6, and me at 36, sometimes I think we are pretty much on the same level. (o:
You have GOT to click on the picture and get a close-up of Tom. He has shoes to disguise his little turkey feet. He is wearing an apron and holding a silver serving tray with turkey in one hand and a carving knife in the other. He even has a mustache to try and cover up his goozler (that's what I call it). And, oh, the chef's hat...love it! Kennedy was SO proud of Tom and SO excited to take him to school.



3 comments:
I <3 Tom the Turkey! I think he is safe...this year...from being made into Thanksgiving dinner! Too cute! (Your daughter is adorable too!) And "goozler" - what a fun word! I always just say "that ugly red floppy thing that hangs off the turkey!" Hehehe! Two thumbs up for the project!
I'm pretty impressed with Tom. Good thinking Kennedy! Miss you guys, i know ya'll are staying super busy with the church and all. You are in my prayers! Love you!
Oh my goodness---so cute!!!! I miss that cutie pie! (Her Momma, too!) BTW- WHAT am I going to do when Connor has homework like this and I am not creative enough to help him?!?!? YIKES!!!!
Post a Comment