Kennedy received a Charlotte's Web DVD for Easter from her Janey. She watches it once a week...(I allow her to watch TV on Fridays)...and she knows all the characters by name. There's "Thern" - the little girl; "Wilburt" - the pig; "Charlotte" (pronounced with a hard CH) - the spider; and all the others - which are pronounced correctly. Last week when watching it, she cried when Thern boarded the school bus and left Wilburt in the barn for the first time. I had to console her and remind her that Thern would come home from school and read to Wilburt and the other animals.
Today, I left the room for just a moment and came back to find her behind the dog gate in the laundry room. She had pulled her stool in there and was reading a book to Rascal. She told me she was reading....."just like Thern."Well, I had better go and water my thern for today.



No comments:
Post a Comment