October 8, 2007

Discipline, vocabulary, and such...

Jude has definitely figured out discipline and when it is needed. He will pop himself on the hand or spat himself on the leg when you tell him "NO." It's the most adorable thing I've seen in a while. I guess he just wants to save us the trouble of having to do it. What a helpful and caring child!

Jude's vocabulary to date: ball (his Daddy is very proud of this one), MaMa, DaDa, Ki (I think this one is Kennedy), Poppa, GaGa (this is either GrandMother or GrandDad), hey, hi, go, something that sounds like "I love you", and a whole bunch of other "words" that sound like a good blend of German & Russian. I knew he was brilliant!

He is not walking...well, sort of, I guess. He takes 2-3 steps and then gives up. That's about all he'll try right now though. He'll probably have it figured out in the next couple of weeks. My back needs for him to start walking soon - it feels that nearly 30 pounds every time I pick him up. Get this - the boy wears a size 6 double wide shoe. In case you didn't know, this is NOT a size you can just pick up at Wal-Mart or Payless. We definitely didn't "pay less" for his little shoes. They are as wide as they are long so they pretty much look square. We call them Fred Flintstone feet. What does this mean? It means he'll probably not have much of a shoe wardrobe while we are still growing these square feet.

Jude has 5 1/2 teeth (6th one is still a nub). He had his first experience with dry cheerios today and enjoyed them quite a bit. I won't be buying anymore puffs since this discovery. He still eats baby food some just so I can make sure he is getting a balanced diet. A jar of veggies and/or fruit at each meal then he can eat all the mushy food from our plates that he wants. I have found he does have somewhat of a rich palette though. He, unlike Kennedy, will not eat green beans right out of the can. However, he loves them if they are cooked and seasoned properly (butter or bacon drippings and bacon). We are creating a monster!

No comments: