October 8, 2007

It's in her blood...

Kennedy's favorite new song is the Razorback Fight Song, which she sings very well, word for word, right up until that whole spelling of ARKANSAS. It stumps her everytime. She gets the letters right, just not necessarily in the right order. Then goes on to say "Arkansas - FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!"


When I picked up Kennedy at preschool this morning, I was able to visit with her teacher, Ms. Stephanie, for a moment. She shared the following story with me.
Last Wednesday Ms. Stephanie asked all the kids to make their favorite animal noises which they all did and enjoyed. Then after a brief pause, Kennedy announced, "I can call The Hogs!" Five of the other 6 children chimed in that they could do the same. So, 6 3-year-olds began to call the hogs during class while the 7th one looked on in disbelief. I really hate I missed that one. Ms. Stephanie is not a native Arkansan. She hails from New Mexico. She said she went home that evening and, still in awe, told her husband "They start them early here!"

No comments: