October 8, 2007

Appointments and more appointments...

Today was Jude's 1 year well child visit to the pediatrician. His stats are as follows:

Height: 31 inches
Weight: 29 pounds 13 ounces
Head Circumference: 19 inches


Not all of his stats are off the charts, but they are pretty close. Dr. C said he looked good and developmentally he is right on target. That's good news to this Mommy! He got 4 immunizations, then as we were checking out we ran into Dr. C again. He reminded us we all needed flu shots. We turned around and went back to a room and got that taken care of for both of the kids. It really stunk for Jude - that meant a total of 5 shots in one visit for him. Kennedy did really well with hers too...only a few tears then a blue popsicle delivered with love by a nurse seemed to make everything okay.

I also went to the doc today for my monthly OB visit and weighed in 2 pounds lighter than last month. Not to worry though. I always do this during the first trimester of my pregnancies. The first 15-20 weeks I either gain no weight or lose weight, then I definitely make up for it in those last few months. Dr. L came in the room and asked if I wanted to see the baby again. She said she had time for a quick ultrasound if I had time. Well, of course!!! So, we have new photos that I will scan in soon and post along with the first US pics from last month. Trey (that's what we're calling he/she right now) looked GREAT. I got to see hands and feet and fingers and toes and even jaw bones and facial structure. I could also see a precious little heart fluttering. It would be like denying our own existence to assume this baby isn't a living being! It's amazing to see God's miracle in progress!

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13

I am super excited to one day find out the great plans God has for this child.

No comments: