November 20, 2007

Kennedy...

3 years old (37.5 months) and weighed in at 34 pounds today at the doctor's office. We went in because she was coughing and had a runny nose. They said it was just allergies and a minor viral infection. Gave us a month's worth of Singulair samples and sent us on our way.

While preparing dinner the other night, I emptied a spice jar. Kennedy always get these to "cook" with. She saw me empty it and asked if she could have it. I gave it to her. As I opened a new one, she asked for it too. I reminded her that she just gets them when they are empty. Her response: "Well, we could pretend it's empty."

I commented that I sure wished I could have some pink jammies with a cupcake on them like hers. She said, "Well, maybe Daddy and me could get you some for dalentines."

Hypochondriac? Any ailment that anyone has, she has it worse...a worse case of it, in a worse spot and it will take longer for it to heal. Jude has eczema. Apparently Kennedy has the first known case of eczema in her mouth! She lets me know when it flairs up. Usually chocolate milk soothes the pain for a day or two.

In a conversation with Unkie a while back, she said "I'm going to get my knife out and shark you." I know that "shark" means "sharp". However, I am not sure whether to laugh or be afraid because she wants to "shark" someone.

She likes "apacados."

You mail a letter in an "ahm-ba-lope."

One day last week while Jude was napping, I helped her with her Christmas list. She looked through several catalogs and told me things to write down. Her list includes the following:

coffee pot
toaster
mixer
kitchen
iron
ironing board
pink guitar
robe
tunnel
vacuum
sewing machine
microphone (just for playing)
castle

She has told me she needs to talk to Santa about these things. I'll let you know what he comes through with.

No comments: