January 8, 2008

24 weeks pregnant...

So today marks 24 weeks along which means only 16 more weeks to go (17 for me since I always deliver a week late). According to the "experts", Kate has completely formed ears and fingernails now and her little lungs are working hard learning how to breathe. Supposedly by the end of this week, she will be weighing around 2 lbs and will be about 14 inches long.

These days Kennedy enjoys talking to Kate and giving her kisses. This means she lifts my shirt and says "Hey, Baby Kate, what ya doin?" She is really excited about sharing her room and about being a big sister again. She talks almost daily about how she is going to help take care of Kate. I can't wait to see all three of them together and how they react to each other.

I have had the same dream twice now. In the dream, I have just given birth to Kate. She is FAT FAT FAT with huge cheeks and absolutely no hair. And she smiles at me with a toothless grin. It's quite a funny dream. Twice I woke up laughing.
To the doctor next Monday...will post afterwards.

No comments: