Well, we're in the double digits now...that's in days left until my due date. I couldn't believe it when I saw the little floating baby this morning. Only 96 days left until due date and there is still so much to get done. Kate has really gotten active in the last week or so. Prior to about 25 weeks she really didn't move a whole lot. Maybe she is just small and I didn't feel it - HA!
It looks as though we have finally gotten Jude off bottles. That is one thing I definitely wanted accomplished but have put it off due to his ear problems. Now we have got to try to make the transition into a toddler bed and then into a twin bed. This is a transition I am not sure he is quite ready for. Nonetheless, we are going to try the first step and see what happens. We really need that baby bed for Kate. I don't want to have to buy another one.
Kate's bedding still has to be ordered and the girls' room has got to be re-worked/re-arranged to accommodate two. All of Kennedy's old clothes that are packed away need to be unpacked and sorted for Kate. The sewing closet needs to be finished. Both Kennedy's and Jude's closets need to be cleaned out and reorganized. I have a mountain of embroidery and painting orders to get done. I just feel extremely overwhelmed right now. So much to do and it seems so little time to get it done. But, I know it will happen. I have to-do lists, I just mark off one thing at a time, then I take a deep breath and move on to the next thing.
I have a new hobby - locker hooking. You can make lots of stuff with locker hooking using scrap fabric and/or yarn...rugs, pillow tops, chair pads, etc. I am using scrap fabric and my first project was a pillow top...I decided it was best to start small. I made it out of the scraps left over from Kennedy's baby quilt and it's going to be a throw pillow for her bed. After she saw it and looked at my instruction/pattern book, she decided that she needed a rug for her kitchen. So that is my next project. I also already have Christmas fabric to make a Christmas rug for this year. It was best to buy the Christmas fabric when it was on clearance. I may be taking a rug in progress with me to the hospital in April/May. I figure that I'll mostly be using this technique to make rugs. After I finish Kennedy's rug, my mother has already put in her order for a rug for her kitchen as well. Then I can start on the Christmas rug. It's really a relaxing hobby and it gives me something to do while I visit with Cary at night after the kids are in bed. The embroidery and painting are wonderful, but I can't sit with him in the living room and do those things. You never know when you might get a locker hooked rug from me as a gift! (o: (Side note: if you or anyone you know have fabric scraps you want to get rid of, please let me know!!! I'll take anything...old clothes, table cloths, you name it!)
Jude is doing much better. He had only 2 updraft treatments on Tuesday and Wednesday and seemed to be doing fine. We still have a few more days of antibiotics and steroids, but it looks like we are on the uphill climb now.
I guess that's all for now. I can't think straight anymore because a 3-year-old keeps interrupting me wanting me to sample what she has cooked.



No comments:
Post a Comment