January 22, 2008

Sick kids...

Kennedy modeling her Daddy's shades. Jude climbing...imagine that! Sometimes I think the boy is part monkey!

The kids and I were visiting family in Hope over the weekend and scheduled to come home today. However, our travels were cut short due to a much needed trip to the doctor. Diagnoses: Kennedy has a viral infection which symptoms include a runny nose, low grade fever, cough and congestion; Jude has RSV (again) and a much worse case this time than before. His cocktail of meds includes steroids, antibiotics and updraft treatments. Yesterday he had to have 7 treatments and the doctor told us if he ever has to have more than 10 in a day then we need to come back in and Jude will need to go to the hospital. So far, so good, today. It's 11:30 and he has only had one breathing treatment and his breathing seems to be much less labored than yesterday. His appetite is back, mostly due to the steroids I'm sure, and he has discovered that he rather enjoys cream cheese. His lunch today consisted of Ritz crackers, about a quarter cup of dried blueberries, 1/2 an apple, 2 cups of juice and most of the cream cheese from my bagel. Pretty good for a kid who ate little to nothing yesterday. He just felt so cruddy. The steroids give him a little bit of a high too, so he has been running around like he was never sick. If someone came in to see him now and I told them he was one step from the hospital yesterday, they would think I was a nut case!

Kennedy ate 1/2 a bagel with cream cheese, the other 1/2 of the apple and caramel sauce for dipping, a handful of Ritz crackers and maybe 3 drinks of juice. I have to ride her constantly to get her to drink enough.

The two of them have been playing hard in the playroom all morning...cooking, crawling through the tunnel, making imaginary trips to Wal-Mart, singing, etc. It's been quite a lively day so far around here.

No comments: