So, this weekend I made my first ever carrot cake for my father-in-law's 70th birthday. I was told carrot cake is his favorite. I thought surely I can handle this. After some cookbook research, I called my mother who told me to call my aunt. Mom said "she makes the best carrot cake I've ever eaten." Well, there ya go...no better endorsement than that, huh?!?! I finished the cream cheese icing off with toasted pecans. It was pretty darn tasty and quite a showpiece as well. I was proud of myself.
Side note: I am still making Amish bread on a regular basis. If you think you MIGHT be interested in getting some starter, just let me know and I'll bring you a loaf of bread. That way, you can see if you like the bread first.




3 comments:
The cake looks AWESOME!
I can almost taste it!!!
THANKS!
Post a Comment