We hosted Thanksgiving for Cary's family this year since his parents are still in the middle of rebuilding after the May 2 tornado. My contributions to the meal were PD's cranberry pineapple salad (nice in lieu of the traditional cranberry sauce) and sweet potatoes...neither of which were photographed (sorry). Now, I don't do candied yams like most people and it's not what you would call a sweet potato casserole ether. Years ago, since my mother didn't like the crust under a sweet potato pie, she took it upon herself to create what we have named Sweet Potato Pudding. It tastes very similar to the filling in a sweet potato pie and is the consistency of your ordinary mashed potatoes. There is no "recipe" so to speak. You would just have to watch my mother or me make them and learn what they are supposed to taste like. It's an art. (o: And these taters are another thing that I cry out in the night for.
We had omelets tonight for dinner and I tried out PD's sour cream muffins. They are some sort of blend of a biscuit, a roll and a corn muffin. Hard to describe, but obviously not hard to eat. Notice there were only 4 left of the 12 I made! That was with only 3 adults and 2 children eating. Needless to say...I'm still full. Anyway, this recipe only has 3 ingredients and was in the oven in 5 minutes. The ongoing work to one day make a home made biscuit that tastes awesome is still....well, ongoing. BUT, these little muffins will definitely be seen again in the Condray kitchen.
I also made more Amish bread and managed to finally get a picture. Today, I stirred in a cup each of dried cranberries and chopped pecans...YUM!




2 comments:
All looks delicious....and like it would make my butt a mile wide(r)!
I'm hungry now just reading this!
Post a Comment