Kennedy informed me today in the middle of lunch that her husband, Bob Keratin, passed away this morning. She was just stopping by to eat lunch at my restaurant on her way to the funeral. She really appreciated me being so kind to her by providing a meal at this sad time. WHAT!?!?!?!? Once again, I say, creativity is not lacking in this house.
Why are naps so torturous to a toddler? Jude began his daily kicking-and-screaming fit when I informed him it was nap time. "I don't need a nap!" he yelled. Yeah, right. That's why you've been whiny since about 10 a.m. We nipped it in the bud pretty quickly with the showing of the "spanking spoon" and a firm warning. He's in his bed right now, sucking his thumb and pouting about having to be there. Once he falls asleep, he'll sleep for 2-3 hours, but he didn't "need" a nap. Yeah, right.
At what point in our lives do we begin to desire and long for sleep? Right now, I would give my sour-dough starter (well, maybe not all of it) for a good nap. Does that mean I am old?



1 comment:
That kid is too much. I just love it!
Post a Comment