Several months ago, I started these "In the kitchen" posts in an effort to light a fire under my backside to be a little more creative with the kids' lunches. Well, I have failed miserably. I usually manage to get a pretty creative meal on the table for dinner, but my creative juices just aren't flowing at the noon hour. Never have been. So, I have resigned myself to give up creativity at lunch time and just shoot for healthy...at least most of the time anyway. Once in a while, we pass on healthy and hit Mickey D's. Today, however, I think I did pretty well on the healthy and balanced too. Pizza Rolls, green salad with fresh baby spinach, cheese, carrots, and bacon bits, cherry tomatoes on the side. I had an entire cucumber peeled and sliced for myself and they both proceeded to eat that part of MY lunch when they realized they could dip it in their ranch dressing. Little vultures! I digress...both of them ate well and they were rewarded with a fourth of an apple. Happy little children they were and off to sleepyland. If we get good naps, then we may just take a ride on the gator this afternoon. It's so pretty outside!




1 comment:
What a pretty little plate! Good job.
Post a Comment