March 6, 2009

16 weeks pregnant - Shep...

I figure since I am 17 weeks pregnant today, I should probably post about my 16 weeks visit to the OB. Dr L did another ultrasound. I asked her if she was doing all of these ultrasounds (that's 3 now - one at each visit) because I am old. Her response: "Yes...that and because you are my favorite patient." I wonder how many "favorites" she has. He he he. Anyway, Shep is still...well, Shep. I mean, we verified (again) that he is still a boy. His growth is right on schedule and everything looks great. I will try and get ultrasound pics posted soon...from all the visits. The due date is August 14 (my late great-grandmother's birthday) and with the new birthday changes for entering school (being implemented over the course of the next 3 years), Shep will miss the cut-off for school and will actually start school when he is 6 unless for some strange reason I deliver more than 2 weeks early....which with my track-record is highly unlikely.

My weight gain totals 5.5 pounds at this point...more than in previous pregnancies at this stage, but since it's the 4th, I guess it's okay. Dr L was pleased with the weight gain. I do know that I plan to be back down to fighting weight by this time next year...that's pre-baby weight if at all possible. I have 8 pounds left to lose from 1st pregnancy, 8 pounds left to lose from 2nd pregnancy and 7 pounds left to lose from 3rd pregnancy. That's 23 pounds that I know I want to get rid of as soon as Shep arrives and I'm sure Shep will leave a little behind as well.

My next OB appointment is March 30 for a 20-week ultrasound (usually to find out the baby's gender). That will be 4 OB visits and 4 ultrasounds...HOW FUN! This having a baby when you are "Advanced Maternal Age" (too old to have a baby) has its perks.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I have had ultrasounds every visit, too (with the same explanation from my dr. :)) and it is FUN! I am excited about Shep!!! I know he will be a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Paige,
August 14th was also my parent's wedding anniversary. But what are the chances that you will actually deliver on your due date???

Come see us next time your in Hope! Would sure like to get some card playin' in!