I still have NO CLUE what we are having for dinner tonight (I'm open for suggestions though). However, my precious neighbor had surgery yesterday and is arriving home from the hospital late this afternoon. I spoke with her husband and volunteered to bring them dinner tonight. He requested "something light"...probably because he's had enough of my cooking to know that is NOT my usual. So, I am taking them over a big bowl of Homestyle Creamy Chicken with Wild Rice soup. It's a soup starter that I add a rotisserie chicken to and makes a pretty tasty, hearty soup in less than 30 minutes. My mom lead me to this and I am forever grateful. I fixed it for my crew a week or so ago and it was definitely a hit. I highly recommend trying this one out if you need a quick meal. Go to their website to see the other soup starter flavors they have.
We are having a family gathering tomorrow with the Pennington crew at the farm. My MIL asked that I bring white chili so I am whipping that up (also using a rotisserie chicken) and gonna throw a couple loaves of Amish bread in the oven too so I'll have a contribution to the dessert bar and maybe the MIL won't have to cook quite as much.
Note: Rotisserie chickens purchased from your local grocery store's deli are cheap and handy.
Now that I have fed everyone else, I have GOT to figure out what I am going to feed my own family for dinner tonight!



No comments:
Post a Comment