Kate's doctor's appointment went well...I guess. Dr said it could only be one of a few things so we tested for all of those things. She was diagnosed with a UTI (urinary tract infection). The only way to test for a UTI is to get a urine samplem, right? Well, obviously Kate can't pee in a cup, so they had to cath her in the doc office. It was unpleasant for her at best. She cried and called out for her Daddy the entire time they were doing it. According to the doc, it is quite uncommon for a 14 month old to have a UTI. So, while we are home on antibiotics, they are culturing her urine sample and will call us in the next few days with the results. If the culture proves to be as nasty as the doc suspects, then Kate will be sent to ACH for further testing including, but not limited to, an ultrasound of her bladder and kidneys and a possible dye test of the same.
We began the antibiotics last night. She got a really good night's sleep and woke up fever-free this morning. She also seems to at least be on the road to getting back to herself. She was smiling and laughing this morning when she woke up. That's always a good sign.
I will definitely keep you posted as to what is going on with the little princess.



3 comments:
Praying for lil Kate! I hope she's 100% soon!
So glad for the update....I have been praying! I hate that Kate is having to go through all this! :(
Glad they are figuring out what's wrong. Will be praying for her.
Post a Comment