In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me
Gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes
And when she wraps her hand around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearerI realize what life is all about
It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the lightIt's in my daughter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes
Most days I take life and it's blessings for granted. Don't we all? Today I choose to be thankful...specifically for my girls. It's so amazing to watch them grow and their little personalities develop...to see God shaping them into little girls and then young women. Often, I feel I am too hard on them, especially Kennedy right now. Then someone will compliment us on the behavior of our children and I think "well, maybe we're not doing too bad." I am, putting it gently, hard to deal with when I am pregnant and I feel like that is all Kennedy has ever known...a pregnant, cranky Mommy. In the midst of all the laughter and tears, play time and discipline, I hope they can truly see my heart, my intentions and my love for them. They are both very special little girls.
Kennedy is such a pleaser and wants to help with anything and everything she can. At almost 5 years old, she sees herself as such a "big girl" and doesn't always understand why everyone else doesn't see her as such. She is so proud of her brothers and sister and wants to protect them, even though sometimes it's in an unwanted and inappropriate "little mommy" way. Kennedy remembers everything and needs an explanation for everything. Her heart is fragile and I love the way she cries every time she watches Charlotte's web. Although frustrating to us at times, I love the way her innocence can't separate suspense from fear so finding even a Disney movie for her to watch is sometimes difficult.
Kate is hilarious, sweet and a little ball of fire. We all foresee her as providing the comic relief in the family. She is tough as nails and in LOVE with her Daddy. I don't know that I have ever seen a little girl gaze into her father's eyes like Kate does. She can hardly contain herself when he arrives home after work and is heartbroken when he puts her down simply to change clothes. Eating is her hobby and she enjoys it immensely. At 15 months old, we have only found one thing she doesn't like...brisket. Kate still doesn't talk much because she really doesn't have a need to. Jude, who adores her, yet doesn't hesitate to clobber her, interprets each of her grunts for us and tells us what she needs and when she needs it. She laughs at the smallest little things and her laugh is contagious.



1 comment:
Kennedy and Kate are both precious! You are a WONDERFUL momma! (I am not just saying this....I want to be more like you! Seriously! You do it all and do it well!)
Can't believe Shep is almost here!!! I am praying for all of you!
Post a Comment