So, it's 3:00 am now. I have been up a half hour and only went to sleep around 12:30. Speaking from experience, that is just not quite enough sleep for the near marathon I will "run" tomorrow morning in labor. However, I plan to take an Ambien tonight and hopefully that will give me at least a little more rest before the big day. I go to the doctor today one last time and am anxious to see if I am dilated any more. I know that Shep has continued to grow like a champ. There is really no more room left in the belly...we are definitely at maximum capacity!
I have a few more things to get done today, a canvas or 2 completed, some of Jude's baby clothes washed and put up, Shep's bed raised and dressed...um, yeah, I think that's about it. That's enough. Way to wait 'til the last minute, huh? But, my bag is packed, the call list is printed, and we are READY...beyond ready!
We will have 2 babies born on a Monday and two babies born on a Tuesday. What day of the week they were born on has always been kinda special to me because of a poem I had hanging on the wall in my room as a little girl. It is called "Monday's Child". I never cared what day they were born on as long as it wasn't a Wednesday since "Wednesday's child is full of woe." (o: Since I have had all of mine induced, I guess it's a good thing my doc is off on Wednesdays. He he he. Another thing that I love is that each of them have either even month/day combos or odd month/day combos. I know...I'm weird. Probably stranger than most people think. Or maybe not, maybe everyone thinks I'm a nut case and you all just love and accept me for the crazy person I am. Either way, I'm okay with it...(o:
Now, although I am thrilled with the odd & even day/week thing, I am NOT however thrilled with the fact that Shep and Mr. Obama will share a date of birth. BUT, Kennedy was born on the same day as Meatloaf, Jude shares a birthday with Annie Leibovitz, and Kate and Kim Elizabeth are birthday buds...none of those are faves for me either and I'm sure we all could find someone we prefer not to share a birthday with.
Okay, now that I have shared some of my weird little querks and you think I am even more of a nut case, I'll close this post. Will try and post again after today's doc appointment.
Oh, the title of this post was originally "(Im)patiently waiting." However, that wasn't quite fitting after I started sharing a little more about what runs through this head of mine. Would LOVE to hear about your little querks...post a comment! I'll need something to read in the wee hours tomorrow morning before going to the hospital.



3 comments:
YAY!!! One more day til Shep is here!!! I loved reading about your quirks!!!I definitely have some, too. One that comes to mind right away is that I have to set my alarm clock for even times(and not right on the hour)...so if I am wanting to get up at 7:00, it's 7:02 or 7:04!!!
Will be praying for good sleep tonight and of course for tomorrow!
LOL! I wouldn't call mine querks so much as borderline OCD! I do little things like making the bed before I get in it. Since the girls are usually in our bed when I leave for work the bed isn't made when I get home. It doesn't matter if I'm about to get in the bed, I still have to make it first!
That's really one of the biggies. Never thought much about my daughters' birthdates, but will probably look into it now. Gracie was born on a Thursday and Lexie on a Saturday. One weird thing about their births, both were born at some hour and 54 minutes (G-2:54pm and L-9:54am).
Well, I am praying for a smooth labor and safe delivery for Shep. I was going to say easy and painless, but since you're going med-free, I know it won't be that, but you're such a trooper. My hat is off to you! Can't wait to hear about Shep (and momma too)!
Hehe I am the same way with dates. My birthday is 'all' even. And I also know I share the same birthday as Sir Mix-a-lot! Can't think of any major quirks. Can't wait to meet Shep soon!!
Post a Comment