August 3, 2009

Shep - 38 weeks...

Doctor visit this morning was pretty uneventful. I am dilated to 4 cm now, but I am not surprised. Doc feels like once she breaks my water that he'll be here in 2 hours or less. I am scheduled to be at the hospital at 7 am, but she is also scheduled to do surgery at 7 am. So, she won't be breaking my water until 8 or 8:30 after she gets out of surgery. She commented that she would rush in right before she went into surgery, but she just knew if she did that Shep would be born while she was still in surgery. So, we'll get there at 7 and just get settled in and get an IV started and all that jazz. That will take the better part of an hour and then we'll see Dr L. I'm sure Cary will post updates and pics to Facebook as time allows. Also check twitter if you are one of my followers. I'll get him to post there as well as time allows.

4 comments:

The Jennings said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE AT A 4!!! I never dilate until I am in active labor. I have to work hard to get to a 3!!! (Not that you haven't been working hard, you know what I mean.) Anyway, got your email. Thanks. I'll email you later. So excited for you!

Gretchan

Heather said...

WOO HOO!!! Can't wait to see Shep!!! I will be praying for you tomorrow!

Little Oak Table said...

So Exciting!!!!! Praying for you!!!

Nic said...

You know we'll be praying!! Can't wait to hold baby Shep!! Love you lots!!