Well, I took an Ambien last night hoping to get a decent night's sleep to prepare for today. It worked...sort of. I got more sleep than I have gotten in several nights, but still not enough sleep...not as much as I needed or wanted. BUT, I'm not complaining, it's much better than the short 2 hours I had gotten each night for the 3 nights prior. I took my Ambien a few minutes after 9:00 and was out cold by 9:30. Didn't wake up until 3:30. That's 6 whole hours of uninterrupted sleep!!! I am pumped about that 6 hours! We all know that won't happen again for a while. (o:
Anyway, I am gonna go see if I can eat some breakfast...yeah, I really stick to the "nothing to eat or drink after midnight" rule they give you. Tell THEM to try being hypoglycemic and pregnant and "running a marathon" on an empty stomach. "Here, sweetie. Here are some ice chips." Oh yummy, that's exactly what I needed to make it through the next hour of hard labor then push out a 9 plus pound kid. GIMME A BREAK! So, yeah, you can tell I'm not particularly fond of that little rule. I have eaten breakfast at home before each kid was induced and I survived and probably felt better for it. Just my philosophy. If I were going in for an elected section, it would be a different story, but a no-meds vaginal delivery...Whatever!
Erica said she would post birth stats and such to the blog for me after Shep arrives. So watch for them. I am guessing you should all know something before noon...probably closer to 10:30 or 11:00. If you are on Facebook or Twitter, check there too. We'll try to get them all updated as we can. And, of course, we have a list a mile long of folks to be called.
Thank you all so much for the phone calls, emails, gifts, blog comments, tweets and prayers through the past several days, weeks and months. This life here on earth wouldn't be near as fun without relationships - friends and family! We love you all and can't wait for Baby Shep to be introduced to you and the world of blogging.
I prayed for this child, and the LORD
has granted me what I asked of Him.
1 Samuel 1:27



1 comment:
Far away but still so close. Will be thinking of you and praying for you. Love you LOTS!
Post a Comment