Dr appointment was Monday and his heart beat sounded good. My BP was fantastic and I had actually lost a pound. That makes my weight gain total 17.5 pounds. Hey, I'm NOT complaining. She said Shep weighed in at approx. 5 lbs. 9 oz. which is exactly what Jude's approx. weight was at 34 weeks. Jude arrived weighing over 10 pounds so she mentioned inducing at 37-38 weeks. She also said that she is notorious for underestimating a baby's weight at 34 weeks. If Shep arrives at 37-38 weeks and gains weight at the same rate Jude did (assuming her 34 weeks weight guess is accurate), that will mean Shep would weigh in somewhere around 8 pounds. However, you and I both know the "approx. weight" that she gave me is just an educated guess. We'll find out the truth at birth. She also verified that I still have a lot of amniotic fluid. No worries at all, she just said it contributes to my misery, making me look and feel bigger and making everything tighter and such. GREAT huh?!?!?! Lately, I have slept 4-6 hours a night always interrupted by a trip to the potty. But, at least I am getting SOME sleep and a nap a few afternoons a week helps.
I go back at 36 weeks (on the 20th) and cervical exams begin. Depending on the readiness of my body, we'll probably make some induction plans (or at least discuss delivery) at that visit.




2 comments:
Yea! Glad all is well! He will be here VERY soon!
Oh, the clock is ticking now...can't wait to meet Shep.
Post a Comment