Cary & I are home from the hospital just long enough to unpack, repack, eat a bite and shower. They discharged us pretty quickly this morning because they needed the room (2 women laboring in triage and one waiting on induction in the waiting room). We are supposed to go back this afternoon and check in as boarders so we'll be close to Shep and I can nurse him as soon as possible. Until then I am pumping every 3 hours round the clock and they are tube feeding him in the NICU.
Shep is slowly being weaned off the oxygen. This morning he was down to 25% and then around 8 am they took him off of it completely to see how he would respond. His breathing was fast, then slow, then fast, then slow, etc. Don't know what has been done since then. Definitely know that his bruising on his head and face is much improved and his coloring is great. He is eating as much as 10 ccs every 3 hours and seems to be tolerating that well. Will get an update when we return this afternoon. Going to try and get the laptop going at the hospital so I can keep the blog better updated and communicate via email as it is impossible for me to talk to everyone over the phone and text messaging is getting frustrating.
It is important that I say THANK YOU for all the prayers, visits, phone calls, texts, emails, gifts, cards, food, cookies, etc. We are reminded of how big our "family" is at times like this. We love you all and appreciate you more than you know.



2 comments:
I just love his fat little Condray face! :) So glad he is doing better! Hope he gets to come home soon!
He is SO CUTE. I adore chubs. :) We're praying for him!! We love you guys!!!
Post a Comment