Yes, I have been cooking, but failed to keep a decent record of what I have been cooking. So, I have just a couple of things to share.
I was watching Oprah the other day (as all good SAHMs should) and she was doing flashbacks of guests who cooked and shared recipes on her show. So, I decided to give Tom Cruise's recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara a try. It was SO good. All of the fam enjoyed it and Kennedy ate 3 servings. It's definitely going in the rotation. Next time I will add a side salad and some Italian bread for dipping in EVOO.
Ate at a cafeteria in Texarkana a few weeks ago and tried their Cheesy BLT Grits. First, let me clarify that I don't eat grits. I have never eaten any grits (sweet or savory) that I enjoyed...until now. These things were sooooooo good I couldn't help myself. I wanted more! So, mom and I brainstormed and figured out how to recreate them. If you are interested, click HERE for a good base recipe. Omit the paprika and green onions, add a yellow or white onion (chopped), a can of rotel tomatoes (drained), several slices of bacon broken into bits and seasoning of your liking. We added a salt/pepper/garlic blend. Oh, and I think lots more cheese was in ours than what the recipe called for.



1 comment:
Okay, I wanna know if you ate at Bryce's??? ha!
Post a Comment